In our Communications/Engagement Team we are looking for a Community Analyst who enriches our work with a strong analytical mindset and with a fine sense for dynamics within communities to support our team with meaningful data insights. You are the detective in our team. Digging into our data, you find answers to questions such as:
- How can we improve our user’s long term engagement and participation?
- How “healthy” are the communities in our 8,000 neighborhoods and what parameters tell us more about how they tick?
- How successful are our communication campaigns and where is room for improvement?
- What are the topics our user segments really care about and how can we foster those that drive social impact?
What you will do
- Monitor and report KPIs for user activity (engagement) on our platform and for our communication campaigns
- Conduct research and deep dives. Identify potentials how we can increase the engagement of our private users long term and brainstorm ideas with our team
- Create and adapt dashboards on user activity and our communication campaigns
- Analyze our user activity and make recommendations for our segmented communication based on our user clusters and engagement scores
- Run qualitative keyword analysis of our platform content to provide the team with insights about “trending topics”
- Turn complex data and processes into simple, understandable information
- Prepare and present decision options and opportunities for action
- Work closely with our Data Analyst Team and our Marketing Analyst
- More important than your bachelor’s/master’s degree is your work experience and motivation. Ideally, you have worked for an online medium or community-based platform before and gathered experience in data analytics or controlling
- You are driven by both quantitative and qualitative data analytics. You always care about the “why” in your data, not only the “what”
- You bring with you first job experience in the field of data analytics
- You have experience with SQL and first experience with Google Analytics, Chart.io or similar data tools
- You are a self-starter, have a solution oriented attitude and a high sense of responsibility. You are curious, accurate, reliable and a fast learner
- You are excellent at communicating complex issues and know how to tell a story around it. You have skills in data visualization and presenting data in a meaningful way
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands on
- You believe in the mission of our company and feel passionate about building strong neighborhoods in Germany and across Europe
- Very good knowledge of both German and English is required, at least one of them on an native level
What we offer
- A meaningful job! We create a great product with real social impact
- Growth potential and opportunities in this role and the company
- Collaboration in a great, experienced and international team that exchanges ideas and learns from each other
- Insight into the entire work process of our startup as well as the nebenan.de foundation
- SpenditCard - per month you receive an additional income of 35 Euro, which you can use for things of your choice, e.g. for BVG, Urban Sports or lunch
- A strength-based development culture (we work with the Gallup StrengthsFinder)
- A workplace in Berlin-Kreuzberg, a cheerful team, with regular (online) events such as yoga, lunch roulette and brown bag talks
- A company pension plan
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
Join our excellent international Berlin-based team now as (Junior) Community Analyst and help us grow our really “social” network. Please send your CV including your availability, residency status (if necessary) and links you consider relevant for us to Aline: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity means collaboration - at nebenan.de we are happy about every dimension of diversity that enriches our team. We live equal opportunities and support them.