We are a fast growing social business. At Good Hood GmbH we help people to feel at home in their neighbourhood again. With our platforms nebenan.de in Germany, mesvoisins.fr in France, vicinimiei.it in Italy and tienes-sal.es in Spain we enable people to connect and support each other in daily life so strangers become neighbours. We believe that by revitalising neighbourhoods and encouraging exchange, shared activities and mutual assistance among neighbours we can contribute to a positive change in society towards a more humane, sustainable and secure living environment that offers a higher quality of life for everyone.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our data architecture. In this role, you will be responsible for keeping our database infrastructure up to date and running smoothly to support the needs of our growing company.
What you will do
- Be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of our data architecture, connecting multiple data sources and ensuring reliability
- Develop automation, monitoring and alert systems to increase the stability of our data structures
- Prepare, clean and format datasets for processing and analysis by our Business Intelligence team
- Regularly identify and implement ways to improve data quality and reliability
- Support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations
- Work directly with Product and Systems Owners to deliver data products in a collaborative environment
- Help maintain documentation and share learnings with team members
- You have a passion for data and reliability.
- You have a proven track record in the implementation and scaling of data systems, including the implementation of a data warehouse
- Proven experience with development and scripting in python, perl, ruby or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems
- Proven ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources and build innovative solutions
- Proven knowledge of AWS including services in their compute, storage, databases, management tools, and analytics portfolio
- A passion for data, and an understanding of how to work with large data sets
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies under minimum guidance
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands on
- You believe in the mission of our company and feel passionate about building strong neighborhoods across Europe
- Fluent in English, German is a bonus!
What we offer
- A meaningful job! We create a great product with real social impact
- Growth potential and opportunities in this role and the company
- Collaboration in a great, experienced and international team that exchanges ideas and learns from each other
- Insight into the entire work process of our startup as well as the nebenan.de foundation
- A workplace in Berlin-Kreuzberg, a cheerful team, with regular events such as team breakfast, lunch roulette, brown bag talks
- Free fitness classes, such as yoga and back courses
- A strength-based development culture (we work with the Gallup StrengthsFinder)
- A company pension plan
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to sometimes work from home
Diversity means collaboration - at nebenan.de we are happy about every dimension of diversity that enriches our team. We live equal opportunities and support them.
If we’ve captured your interest, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Please send us your CV including your availability, residency status and links you consider relevant for us to Aline Schäfer: firstname.lastname@example.org