We are a fast growing social business. At Good Hood GmbH we help people to feel at home in their urban environment again. With our platform nebenan.de we enable people to connect and support each other in daily life so strangers become neighbours. We believe that by revitalizing urban neighbourhoods and encouraging exchange, shared activities and mutual assistance among neighbours we can contribute to a positive change in society towards a more humane, sustainable and secure living environment that offers a higher quality of life for everyone.
What you will do
- Work closely with Product Managers, UI designers, developers and BI analysts to understand specific user needs and value propositions and distill them into meaningful UX solutions.
- Create design solutions from research up to the design of features that are ready for development.
- Research and analyze user goals to identify product opportunities.
- Create concepts in the form of wireframes, screen flows and clickable prototypes.
- Know your users and integrate user feedback regularly – either with the help of existing data, the Business Intelligence team or by conducting user tests and user interviews. Use this data to identify pain points and constantly improve current solutions.
- Facilitate workshops and apply design thinking methods with other designers, engineers and stakeholders to kick off, brainstorm and collaborate on new value propositions.
- You have 3-5 years of experience with UX and User Research for both mobile Apps and web clients.
- Experience with the entire product management and design cycle, ranging from UX research, design discovery with the development of functional prototypes for user testing and up to the design of excellent wireframes ready for implementation.
- A portfolio of work that includes your approach of defining and specifying the product value, including your process and concrete examples of research, user flows, wireframes, mockups or similar applicable work.
- You have excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate effectively about your research insights and UX design solutions in order to secure buy-in with Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholders.
- You have a data driven mindset with a desire to solve complex problems.
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands on.
- Fluency in English and good understanding of German (due to a mixed international team-setup).
What we offer
- A meaningful job! We create a great product with real social impact
- Growth potential and opportunities in this role and the company
- Collaboration in a great, experienced and international team that exchanges ideas and learns from each other
- Insight into the entire work process of our startup as well as the nebenan.de foundation
- SpenditCard - per month you receive an additional income of 35 Euro, which you can use for things of your choice, e.g. for BVG, Urban Sports or lunch
- A workplace in Berlin-Kreuzberg, a cheerful team, with regular events such as team breakfast, lunch roulette, brown bag talks
- Free fitness classes, such as yoga and back courses
- A company pension plan
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to sometimes work from home
- A possibly permanent takeover
If we’ve captured your interest, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job! Please send your application in one PDF file, including curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and references to Aline: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity means collaboration – at nebenan.de we are happy about every dimension of diversity that enriches our team. We live equal opportunities and support them.