We are a fast growing social business. At Good Hood GmbH we help people to feel at home in their neighbourhood again. With our platforms nebenan.de in Germany, mesvoisins.fr in France, vicinimiei.it in Italy and tienes-sal.es in Spain we enable people to connect and support each other in daily life so strangers become neighbours. We believe that by revitalising neighbourhoods and encouraging exchange, shared activities and mutual assistance among neighbours we can contribute to a positive change in society towards a more humane, sustainable and secure living environment that offers a higher quality of life for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced person to lead and scale our Business Intelligence Team. You will be responsible for managing a team of Business Intelligence Analysts, coordinating with stakeholders and building a sustainable BI setup. You must have experience in scaling teams and technical systems to support the growing needs of a company.
What you will do
- Manage a team of Business Intelligence Analysts, including supporting the team through regular 1:1s, goal setting and ongoing training.
- Report to the Head of Product and be responsible for the roadmap and development of the BI team.
- Meet with stakeholders and relevant business units to prioritise requests and ensure timely delivery of results.
- Work with your team to proactively identify actionable insights and product gaps, suggest recommendations and follow up on the results of changes.
- Manage projects to improve and scale the integration and processing of large amounts of data for validation, analysis and visualization as well as the technical interpretation and derivation of recommendations for action.
- Experience in people management with a track record of motivating and scaling a BI team.
- Experience with the technical implementation and scaling of BI systems.
- You hold a degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics or equivalent field
- You are a self-starter, have a ‘can-do’, solution oriented attitude and love to work as a team
- You are excellent at communicating complex issues, know how to tell a story and you can effectively pitch your ideas
- Experience with SQL, AWS, Google Analytics, Firebase and similar tools. DWH 2.0 design/modeling, OLAP and basic Python as a bonus
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge of services in the compute, storage, databases, management tools, and analytics portfolio.
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can also teach others
- You believe in the mission of our company and feel passionate about building strong neighborhoods across Europe
- Fluent in English. German is a bonus!
What we offer
- A meaningful job! We create a great product with real social impact.
- Collaboration in a great, experienced and international team that exchanges ideas and learns from each other
- Insight into the entire work process of our startup as well as the nebenan.de foundation
- Responsibility and great opportunities to get actively involved
- A strength-based development culture (we work with the Gallup StrengthsFinder)
- A workplace in Berlin-Kreuzberg, a cheerful team, with regular events such as team breakfast, lunch roulette, brown bag talks
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to sometimes work from home
Diversity means collaboration - at nebenan.de we are happy about every dimension of diversity that enriches our team. We live equal opportunities and support them.
If we’ve captured your interest, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Please send us your CV including your availability, residency status and links you consider relevant for us to Aline Schäfer: email@example.com