We are a fast growing social business. At Good Hood GmbH we help people to feel at home in their neighbourhood again. With our platforms nebenan.de in Germany, mesvoisins.fr in France, vicinimiei.it in Italy and tienes-sal.es in Spain we enable people to connect and support each other in daily life so strangers become neighbours. We believe that by revitalising neighbourhoods and encouraging exchange, shared activities and mutual assistance among neighbours we can contribute to a positive change in society towards a more humane, sustainable and secure living environment that offers a higher quality of life for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Designer to lead our talented team of interface and communication designers and drive our vision of user experience in the areas of product, marketing and brand.
What you will do
- You set the design direction and unfold the potential of our team of interface and communication designers to the full.
- You drive our vision of exceptional usability and design for our products and ensure their implementation across multiple platforms.
- You will build bridges between visual product and communication design to build a strong brand and visual identity.
- You will develop a brand-oriented design language for all digital products, communication and marketing.
- You will work with product managers and the founding team to create and maintain design roadmaps.
- At the same time you are a doer and continue to design yourself.
- Degree in Communication Design, User Interface Design or a related field.
- 5-8 years experience in visual and interactive design of digital applications and 3-5 years leading design teams.
- Proven track record in producing exceptional visual identity for consumer contact products. B2B experience is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and an urge to change the status quo.
- Excellent command of English. German is a plus.
- The will to provide our users a world-class experience and to drive product development from a user-centric perspective.
- Persistence and the ability to convince others of the value of their ideas.
- You're passionate about creating innovations that are used by millions of people every day - and working with us to make this happen in new ways.
What we offer
- A meaningful job! We create a great product with real social impact.
- Collaboration in a great, experienced and international team that exchanges ideas and learn from each other.
- Insight into the entire work process of our startup as well as the nebenan.de foundation.
- Responsibility and great opportunities to get actively involved.
- SpenditCard - per month you receive an additional income of 35 Euro, which you can use for things of your choice, e.g. for BVG, Urban Sports or lunch.
- A strength-based development culture (we work with the Gallup StrengthsFinder).
- A workplace in Berlin-Kreuzberg, in a cheerful team and regular events such as team breakfast / lunch roulette / brown bags / yoga.
- A company pension plan.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remote.
Diversity means collaboration - at nebenan.de we are happy about every dimension of diversity that enriches our team. We live equal opportunities and support them.
If we’ve captured your interest, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Please send us your CV including your availability, residency status and links you consider relevant for us to Aline Schäfer: email@example.com